1. Many people go to the city library on weekends.
2. I'd like to apply for a library card to check out books.
4. Where can I get the ladies issue of time magazine?
5. The reading room is large and quiet.
6. Please consult the card catalogue or the computer.
7. The catalogues here are in alphabetical order by the author.
8. Drop down the card number, Please fill out the card slip.
9. Here is the lady's edition of this book.
10. Sorry, the book you want has been checked out.
11. You may keep it for three weeks, then you have to return it.
12. You cannot take it home, but you can what you need.
13. May I renew this book?
14. Your book has been over due for two days. You have to pay a fine for it.
Number one, Return books.
A. Good afternoon, may I help you?
B. I want to return these magazines.
A. Sure, your magazines are over due, Sir. You have to pay some fine.
B. Really, Ok. Before I forget, can I renew this national geographic.
A. Sure, you can keep it for another foure weeks after renewal.
B. This is my library card.
立刻说英语900句 Lesson 29:Library
Number Two, At the library
A. Exuce me?
B. Yes, what may I do for you?
A. This is the first time I visit a library. I want to find a book for my paper. Will you tell me how to do about it?
B. Sure, first, please consult the card catelogue or the computer over there. The catelogues are in the alphabetical order, either by author, title of the book or the content. The computer is easy to use, just typing the keyword of the book, and information will be poping out.
A. I see. What shall I do next?
B. Next, please drop down the card number of the book you want, fill in the call slip, and leave the slip with me.
A. Can I borrow the book if it is still in the ?
B. Sure, actually, you can borrow ten books once, and keep them for four weeks.
A. I un
derstand. Thank you very much for your help.
B. You're welcome.